CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 20, 2010

Moses Lake Round-Up Rodeo

My cowgirls in their rodeo get-up! I didn't get their cute new boots in the pic. We finally convinced Alizah that her pants had to be "too long" so they would cover up her boots! They love watching the saddle-bronc and hearing about their Great-Papa Doodle and the team roping and dad tells them stories about his family. Their favorite, of course, is the queens and we tell them about Aunt Britni and Aunt Megan. These are the times I hate being so far away from what I grew up with. Horses were such a part of both Brandon and I's life in Idaho. The girls get quick tastes of it, but not enough in our books! Brandon is really wanting to find a horse. I hope that something comes up so that he can share that with his "girly-girls".

SHHH....we are surprising the girls in the morning and taking them to Silverwood-the big theme park in our area. It's a few hours away, so we are getting up early and packing the sleeping girls in the car and telling them mom has a doctor's appointment. Hanna has been bugging us for years to go. I can't wait to see their faces!!

Hanna's new bedroom set is almost put together. We got her a mattress today and started putting everything away. Our house is slowly getting put back together and everyone seems excited about their new rooms. The girls are leaving again on Wednesday to Idaho and we aren't going to pick them up again till Labor Day weekend. It's almost a week and a half that they will be gone and they are so excited to go see cousins again! This summer has been great for them. They actually seem to know their cousins and spent lots of time with them. While they are gone, I plan on.....working/cleaning....and READING in the sun:) I've had a little too much vacation too this summer. How will I ever handle school this fall??

5 comments:

Korbi said...

I am still jus tin shock that you posted... call me for fear I passed out from not breathing...

Jana said...

Great post! You do have some cousins close by so you are lucky in that sense. My girls grew up with no one even close. But it's great when they can stay for a couple of weeks with their cousins in Idaho. Not so sure about the amusement park - I made it on 5 or six rides at Disneyland - I do love that Splash Mountain. Can't wait to see the bedroom set all put together - when is Korbi doing the other two girls' bedrooms? Our bedroom needs redoing too - we may even get rid of our waterbed!

twylla said...

Boy what an exciting summer for the girls. They are growing up so fast and learning so much. They better have a good time mow because it wont be long befoe school starts and then they will really be busy but ina routine. Glad things are great at you house

Sommers said...

glad you guys are having fun.. Miss you and know you always have a place to stay in Boise. I miss those times growing up with everyone. Sad for our kids, but we can make time to come and see them. Hope to see you soon.

Debbie said...

Kortni

The girls are growing up so fast, wow, how time flies
Missing you all take care of yourself,
Debbie