CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Turkey Day!

So it's 7:00 in the morning and I can't sleep. The one day to sleep in and I can't do it. So I'm snooping on all the blogs that I've missed in the passed few weeks. As I'm looking at everyone's blogs, I'm realizing I need to sit and take a few minutes and think about what I'm thankful for. After my past year, I've had a few things happen that don't necessarily bring the grateful mood into my life. But I'm going to try to refocus my thoughts with a start this quiet morning on what I am thankful for. Let's just say it's practice before I'm put on the spot at dinner this afternoon!

1. Family
Hanna-she is so tenderhearted and smart with a mind that doesn't stop. I am thankful for her deep thinking and questioning mind.
Alizah-she is a special girl with quirks that I do love. I am thankful for how hard she tries to be brave.
Piper-wants to be big girl and a baby at the same time. I am thankful for her desire to learn new things.
Brandon-I am thankful for the amount of effort he is putting into this family at this time.

2. My House
I love where we live and the land and neigborhood that that surrounds it. Every morning as the ducks fly over the creek, I think of what a lucky family we are to live here.

3. The Church
I am thankful for Heavenly Father for providing a church that is supportive and full of people that are willing to love. I am thankful for the Savior for giving his life for us to provide a way that we can repent of our mistakes and move on with Faith.

4. Friends
I am thankful for the many friends that I have that listen when I need them too with or without giving opinions back! I'm thankful that they they love me for who I am and are willing to help build me up.

5. Jobs
I am thankful for the opportunities I have to provide my family with the things that they need.


Ok, now for a few more thankful things that I'll just list in any given order....

dead mice,good customer service, drugs for dental work, ice cream, Maggie & The Ferocious Beast, DVD players for cars, cell phones, cheetos/oreos, computers/internet/email, i-phone, removable showerheads, Dyson vacuum cleaners, TEVO, contacts, employees that have workethic, dead mice-oh wait did I mention that already, better do it again, dead mice.

I have many, many things to be thankful for and I think that in my busy life that the negative can easily overpower me. My new year resolution (I might as well start early) is going to be to think more positively. I heard a technique yesterday that I'm going to try to start. It's called stop and redirect. When you are thinking something negative, you visualize a stop sign and redirect yourself into a positive thought. So I guess for Christmas presents, my friends might be getting stop signs to help me out with this!!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone and I hope you have many things to be thankful for also!! The kids are stirring and I need to start my assignments for the dinner before they get up. We are going to a friend's house this afternoon. The kids are excited and I'm not having to cook that much so I'm excited!

3 comments:

melanie said...

I saw your comment and thought, she can't be blogging already can she? I'm not too far behind you either.I was excited to see a new post. It's such a good one too Kortni. Love this list about your family. And the oreos/cheetoes made me laugh! Dane's still talking about the bag of oreos he got to eat with Alizah, ha!

I needed to hear that stop sign thought. And don't think you're the only one that needs to incorporate it. I guess it means I'm starting my resolutions early too. Thanks!

Jana said...

What a great Thanksgiving if you don't have to cook. I am really tired of Thanksgiving dinner - I told Terry if he had to clean the turkey he would realize how disgusting it is and would never eat it again.

twylla said...

@q.comWhat great thoughts. I belileve we should all take a moment and be more thankful for what we havea and ll the opportunities we have in this life to chang , to become better people, to think more often of our
savior and all the has done for each one of us, thankful for our health and the blessings that accompany this, thankful for the little every day things we have home, food children, neighbvors good friends and best but not last family that try to be better all the time. I ovten think we are never grateful for the little everyday things we have . Oh how lucky we are to life in this beautiful country and have the opportunity to meke our own choices. Families are the greatest.