CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My latest drama....

You walk into my house and you see this......
You turn the corner and you see this.......
And this.............
And this little valve is responsible for this minor disaster!!

So if anyone recalls, we had a kitchen fire in November and just had the kitchen floors replaced in mid-April. I noticed a few bumps in the vinyl last week and called the guy who did the floors to come and fix his work. He walked in and said, "you have water damage". Water damage, what water? We hadn't ever seen any water! So after investigating, we found a tiny leak behind the fridge. We called a water damage place to come dry it out Friday morning. By noon, that same day, my kitchen was gone. I even had dirty dishes in the sink that I had to just rinse and throw in box because they were demolishing so quickly. They had to rip out two subfloors, walls, and the cabinets in both the kitchen and the laundry room. I don't even know what this means for us other than a fridge in the living room and paper products for the rest of the summer! They've told us a minimum of six weeks and that's if everything goes smooth with the insurance-who will more than likely drop us because we've had two claims. I don't really understand how that works, you pay into insurance for the purpose of disasters and then they drop you because you use them???? What the heck??? So the kids are enjoying cheetos and cereal which is what they are living on. And we are going to be spending a lot of time at the pool and away from this whole in my house that all I can do is stare at and cry over the brand new vinyl that I watched being ripped up!
Oh, by the way take this as a fair warning to anyone that lives in Moses Lake or the surrounding areas. We will be expecting a hurricane or huge wind storm shortly. The Service Master guys joked with me that disasters come in threes-so we've had the fire and water, so expect the wind anytime soon:)

4 comments:

Jerolyn said...

OMGosh...black mold? Scary and ewwwwy and I have just one question...is that a spider in that last photo with it's legs all spread out..... because if so I just died?

Anonymous said...

that sucks... hate to be you...
but at least you didn't spend a whole lot of time in the kitchen cookin' right!? hehe

Jana said...

Not to worry you but when you go to sell your house and if it has too many claims on it - the new Buyer may not be able to get insurance on it and then you can't sell. Not sure if your claims would be big enough or not - might want to ask you insruance agent. Also make sure they get rid of all the mold becasuse you don't want it coming back. And one more thing - I am sitting here enjoying my Cheetos too - I've always loved those things but only the crucnhy!
PS - I did not know that you had a kitchen fire

Kortni said...

Yes, Jerolyn, it is a spider in the picture and I'm glad I didn't post the one with the dead mouse behind the cabinets!! Brandon never did believe me, but I KNEW we had a mouse!! hey Jakobi, I have cooked more in the last few months than 13 years before, now I'm going to go back to my old ways:)