CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 1, 2009

HAPPY 5th BIRTHDAY ALIZAH!!

Alizah’s birthday was a little bit emotional this year due to the fact that I feel like we are lucky to have her with us. As most know, she took an extremely bad fall down the banister and has a skull fracture and a broken arm. Needless to say, I was a little choked up at her birthday party, just sitting back and watching her with her friends. It’s sad that sometimes it takes a little scare to give more hugs and kisses to our kids. She got plenty of them today. So here I go starting what everyone else does on their kids’ birthdays-naming 5 things that are just Alizah! (great idea to actually pause and think about just that kid)


1. I love the way she says her r and s sounds, and holds her l sound, I know she’ll eventually pronounce these sounds the right way, but I want to remember the cute way!
2. Alizah is also known has our Tiger. She has a way of dealing with things internally until she gets fed up, then unleashes very quietly, but deadly. Hanna’s scarred face is evidence of this. Is it right to love something like this?
3. Jeans and yellow/white stripped shirt, headbands, silver sequin shoes, blue jumpsuit, white ballet, and…..LEE-LOWS!! These are things that Alizah wears on a daily basis. She has her own “style” that she rarely wavers from- even though I beg, plead, and bribe.
4. Animals and ponies. When Alizah gets hooked on something, she totally immerses herself and everyone surrounding her in it. Our living room is often set up with her animals or ponies in a line talking to each other through her. She plays very contently for hours by herself. She’s possessive of what is hers, but is learning to share with her sisters.
5. Brave! Alizah has overcome many obstacles this past year, even more in the last few months. She has been able to answer questions in church, go to her school be herself, make new friends, go to the doctor multiple times-each better than the last, brush her teeth every day, and open up to new people. These may not seem big, but they are to Alizah. She has been “diagnosed” with a few anxiety disorders and a few other things, but has done wonders this past year to the point that I’m not sure about them anymore. I am so proud of her!!

I LOVE YOU ALIZAH AND HAPPY 5th BIRTHDAY!!

6 comments:

Sommers said...

Hey, I love that you are updating so often... we love to check in on you guys. miss you and wish you were closer. don't forget to stop by sometime on your way through. Thanks for the email:)

melanie said...

How did Dane and Alizah get to be 5?! I just love her quirky, self assured style. There is something about a second child that can drive you crazy and melt your heart all in one. I was almost teary reading about her party. Such loser friends that we are.

Happy Birthday Alizah!!! I hope you had a good day. Come over and play with Dane, ok? He always has fun with you.

melanie said...

I forgot to say that I LOVE that photo of her. Such a gorgeous little girl. Watch out world....

Korbi said...

I love you my baby "BIG" girl.... when you were born we were o our way to the cabin and I made your Uncle stephen turn around and head back to Moses Lake. We didn't make it in time, but I still got to hold you a few hours after your birth. I also made your dad go home and I got to stay the night with you and your mom in the hospital. Your mom got to sleep most of the night and I got to do the "Auntie" stuff and I fell in love with your sweet little you that you are. I love you.

steve and lisa said...

So glad you had a blast in Tai Pan!!! Happy B-day Alizah! Your kids are so darn cute! What a beautiful picture! Loved your girls dresses on Sunday!
You are such a GREAT mom!!! Lisa

twylla said...

Now that we are five we are really a happy little lady. Alizah you are such a doll even when you wear your frowny face. I do love your disposition. Hope you had a good time on your Birthday. They are so fu when you aree younds. Just growing up to fast