CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 29, 2009

We're still Alive!

I haven't posted for awhile because I'm still missing so many pictures. I'm not much of a computer person and when something changes (new external hard drive and a new camera), I can't seem to function without getting used to them. So I guess I start posting without pictures until I figure it out! I've missed posting Hanna's first two gymnastics meets of the season. Last meet, she got a medal when she placed third! She did so much better already than last year. She scored her highest. I'm so proud of her and it is really fun being so close to her during these times. Of course I feel like I could strangle her most of the practice times, but when it comes time for competition, it's all fun. Our team got new leotards and they are so neat. I can't wait to show pics! We're gearing up this week for hosting our own meet. The whole gym has been transformed. Most of our equipment has been moved out and stored in a trailer so we can fit a bunch of people in our building to watch the meets. I've been amazed at the help that the booster club parents have already done. They've spent hours moving and repairing equipment to make it possible for their girls to compete at their gym. Even the local paper covered us hosting a meet. Hanna was just mad she wasn't in the paper this time! I told her when she has a split leap on beam like Hailey (the girl who's in the paper), she can make the paper again. This is a funny statement, because Hanna hates beam. Her leaps aren't even an inch off the beam! She's awesome at bars though, she's almost got her skills for the next level. I guess that's why gymnastics is so hard, there are four events that you have to be good at and you have to train so hard at each of them. Well, we'll see how this Saturday turns out. I'm just excited we won't have to host another big even until May. Yeah!
So Piper has a boyfriend, named Collin. I love the way she says his name. They play with each other at the gym, because their sisters have gym at the same time. She holds her "l" sounds like Alizah does and Collin's name has two l's-so she says it extra cute! Alizah also has a boyfriend named Dane. She looks forward to every Friday to go to Ready Readers to go to her special class that Dane goes to. She's so excited cuz tonight was only one more sleep until she gets to see Dane! I don't know if Hanna has a boyfriend yet. I just worry already when their boyfriends are a little bit more real. I imagine I'm getting what I deserve after what I put my parents through, but is it really fair when it comes back at you times three!!!

2 comments:

Korbi said...

just FYI, as Colin's teacher at school I feel that it is my duty to inform you that he only has one "l" in his name. :)

twylla said...

Gee what a lot of work. I guess that is what parents do so their kids can have a good time in life. It is hard when the wok time comes because we are always doing for them and then all of a sudden they have to put forth the effort. Kids are so great. What would we do witih out them. Sommers and Shaydon came up yesterday and I wanted Britne to bring Broxton over so they could play together but she didnt do it. I think the cousins should be close to each other. Keeep up the good work Hanna . I am sure you will do good Be good girls alizah and Piper and dont worry so much about the boyfriends yet. You are way to young to have a boyfriend. Wait al least until you are thirty. Ha Ha.