CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 30, 2009

Card Games

We're home and after our long ride (not as long as usual-but this didn't seem to lower the amount of screams:), the kids were excited to be out of the car. We quickly unloaded and I threw some laundry in. It's so hard to come home to a clean house and then within a matter of minutes it looks like a bomb of clothes and stuff went off. I can't believe we fit it all into the truck. There are Christmas presents that I'm trying to hide and sense that I'm trying to make out of the mess. So in the midst of all of that, Alizah says, "Play a card game with me mom". So what do I do, leave the mess (didn't really want to do it anyway) and sat down and played "Go Fish" with Alizah and Piper. I have to document this because it's the first time that we all played together-actually played, not pretended to hold the cards! It was amazing to me that the game did not end up with cards being thrown cuz someone didn't know the rules. It was easier for Alizah to win, because Piper would set down all of her cards one at a time to find the match. Alizah was extremely patient as Piper would look through each one every time. Like I've said before, we seem to be moving into a different phase of our lives. The girls are getting older and playing more together. When we got our new kitchen, Piper said she was thirsty, went into the kitchen got a cup and got her own water out of the fridge with the water dispenser in the door. Brandon and I looked at each other in amazement. Things are changing!! Now don't get me wrong, I still do a "little" too much for my children (people who know me are laughing at this point), but they are getting so old and I know time is flying fast with them....

3 comments:

Jana said...

It's tough to see the kids get so old and independent. Don't worry - you should see what I still do for my kids.

Sommers said...

Kortni,
Thanks for coming and visiting us!! I was GREAT to see you growinging family! I still forgot to send the money with you. I will this week. and look for the letters in your email. Sorry. What a great memory you will never forget!

Love you guys. Those girls ars soo cute!

Brit said...

I am so sorry we didn't makie it. It was such a crazy weekend and I am not sure what we accomplished except for yelling and coughing and running noses. I am glad to hear your kids are growing up cause I think mine are getting younger. They wine so much!!! Love ya and miss ya tons