CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Beck "Family Tree"

Even though our family has grown so much, we still don't fit around
a tree in the Redwood Forest!!
Maimi Dawn taught Hanna how to tell how old a tree was by counting the lines.
This is one of the reasons our hike didn't last very long. Piper wouldn't let go.. We have another picture of Brandon carrying Alizah. So two out of three of our girls didn't quite get the idea of a "hike"....
The roots of the trees amazed us. This is Hanna and Alizah at the bottom of an uprooted tree. We were also only at the edge of the forest. Everyone told us that the trees even got bigger the deeper into the forest you go.

So I told you Grandma Mimi, that once I got my pictures back I would be posting my regular ones. I figure since you are back from Europe to that you would be checking in with us!!
We are keeping extremely busy because we are trying to take off in a few weeks to go traveling again. Hanna is continuing her piano lessons (actually earning $1/practice session from Grandma Marsha for her gymnastic camp.....I think it's better than just giving her $$$!!), fundraising for meet season by selling cherries, getting her physical (including shots-so brave!) for camp, and swimming her heart out. Alizah completed her first appointment with her new friend Ashley (a behavioral therapist) to help her with her anxiety. Long story short, the appt. was only 20 minutes due to us small town hicks from Moses Lake that got so LOST in Spokane that we were an hour late! I really don't know how it happened exactly. All I do know is that Alizah wasn't the one who needed help with anxiety that day-it was her mom and dad!! We go back twice next week. I'm not sure how I'm going to fit two Spokane trips into next week...it makes me miss a big town where things like this are more readily available. Piper's newest addition to her vocabulary is whenever we ask her to do anything, she answers with "FINE" (of course read between the lines-with an attitude). I wonder where she picks that up- big sisters maybe??? She's currently asleep-note the time-6:00 p.m. We are STRUGGLING with her taking too late of a nap and then going to sleep at night. She still needs a nap so badly, but is so involved with her sisters that she won't slow down.

Oh-cute story too, did you know the price for the neighborhood lemonade stand is now up to $1?? And people still buy it!! That dates me I guess, because we sold it for 10 cents!!

2 comments:

steve and lisa said...

WOW
Love the pictures! Those trees are amazing! What a cute "family tree" idea! Thanks for the info. about your trip. It looks so much fun & I think the Hippies would be a blast to watch! Forget the treehouses! Hope you can make it on Thurs. Lisa

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.