CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 18, 2008

TreeHouse Vacation

The " Yurtree" treehouse that we slept in with the poor souls from the Widmier family that had to share with us. You'll hear the sickness story later in the post. Thanks Britt and family for putting up with the cries for chocolate milk, ba ba's, advil for me, sleeptalking, and snoring! Although, poor souls to us for having to put up with the loud CRASHES in the middle of then night from Collin breaking the bed...twice!!
I thought Korbi's treehouse was the coolest, although she had the biggest bugs in hers!! Refer to her blog for the evidence.....
Our wonderful family, (minus Kalan-so sad he was missing) that has grown so much
and actually made it through the entire week without any fights!!
SO...I was the loser of the posting. I was the last, so anyone that reads all of my sister's blogs will be hearing repeats of a few stories, but since this is my family's history, I need to write my account of our vacation.
Papa Goose and Maimi Dawn bought a week of camping in the treehouses in Cave Junction, Oregon for our Christmas present last year. It was the best idea that I truely hope they continue. There were memories that we will have that last much longer than 15 minutes of present opening in a crazy Christmas morning.
We had a rough trip down to Oregon with Piper throwing so many times that we actually ended up buying her a new car seat. I washed her in a Kmart's bathroom sink on one of our stops and bought garbage bags to put the pillows and blankets in that we collected along the way. Poor Piper, she was such a trooper. She was pretty clingy and sluggish the whole trip, but really did hang in there! After 12 hours of driving, we arrived to the treehouses and I went right to bed with what I thought was just the after-effects of the ride, but became convinced it was strep only after a few hours. I begged Korbi's left over penicillin (which I was repremanded by a doctor later) because she had strep the week before. She only had four doses left, but it did help me through the next few days as we hiked through the Oregon caves, swam in the water hole, collected shells at the beach, and tried to hug the Redwood forest's trees. We had an amazing time with everyone and the kids didn't want to leave. We belly-danced in the mountains, climbed rope bridges to Papa's treehouse twenty feet above the ground, and swung on the rope swing. The treehouse crew provided us with breakfast every morning and then we would bbque or eat foil dinners at night. I will definately be taking my kids back here. It's funny because despite that this might have been my personal worst vacation it was at the same time- my best because of the memories it provided for my kids. On the way back to Moses Lake we stopped in Portland to break up the drive. When we pulled into Moses Lake, I stopped at the clinic and got more Penicillin for the strep throat that still had not gotten better. Just yesterday I ended up with a shot in the rearend because it still had not gone away. I think it might have been the hiking, swimming, etc. that provoked it, but how could I rest when we were actually vacationing in treehouses???? Now that I've gotten my pictures back, I will be updating and doing much better on my blog. Sorry everyone for the vacation from my blog, so much has kept us so busy, but I've got lots of pictures to share!

2 comments:

Jana said...

Sounds like you had a good excuse to be the last one to post! Hope you and Piper are feeling better. I told Terry that I want to go next year but with all of you guys! Glad you liked the picture - a sign of the times. Have a good rest of the summer.

melanie said...

Poor Piper! I'm glad she toughed it out. Sounds like it was a good time had by all. My kids would love, love a trip like that. Not so sure if their mama could handle it but one day we just might try. Can't wait for all the posts and photos.