CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Oregon Caves

I'm still posting from our vacation...Did I mention how cool it was yet? JK...everyone knows I can't say enough good things about it. Anyway we went to the Oregon Caves where we climbed over 500 stairs throughout the caves. Hanna and her cousin Bridger were a little scared over some of the inclines and declines of the stairs. Overall it was some pretty cool sites within the middle of the mountain!
One of the "how high are we going" staircases....The room at the top of the staircase was AMAZING!!
Cousin Bridger standing next to one of the cool stalagmites...We actually learned some geology throughout the tour.


So after yesterday's depressing post of mine, I'm doing a tad better. I just never thought owning a business would so hard. My business is not even that big, but the bigger it gets, the more people I have to depend on and people aren't necessarily always reliable! I heard a quote once from a fellow business man that reads, "The best plans are great until you add people, but to have a great plan, you need people." Isn't it ironic....I think it goes to show that a good work ethic needs to be implanted into kids early. So guess what my kids did today, the dishes, laundry, etc! After today's trial at a seven, four, and two year olds work ethic, I've decided I might have to beat it into them, (JK) but we'll keep trying tomorrow. Have I mentioned to anyone about "Miracle Music"? It is going to be my new favorite thing. I tried it once, but wasn't consistent, so we're trying again. It's a morning and evening routine that is set to music. The kids work to brush their teeth before the song is over to earn a point. We keep track of their points and they earn things...CHECK it out if you are struggling with routine like me!!

Cute story about Piper today...She was helping with the laundry and saw that her shirt was dirty and wanted to add it into the washer. The problem was she wanted it out (clean) a few seconds later. Hard lesson to learn that the washer takes time. We learned this by watching her shirt go round and round and pulling out a few other soaking wet things to demonstrate that you couldn't wear things until they were dry.

5 comments:

steve and lisa said...

Hey -
WOW, your vacation looks like so much fun! We have got to check out all those great places you went to. I love your new background too! It's like moving furniture around, I just cannot help myself.
I cannot even imagine owning my own business! All Steve works on every day is PEOPLE ISSUES! And then he comes home & doesn't want anyone to talk to him about anything! Very frustrating!
You are an amazing woman to own your business, be a homemaker, wife, mother, taxi driver, teacher, church callings, etc. etc. etc.!!!! Just remember to take care of YOU!!!!!! That is my wisdom for the day! Lisa

twylla said...

People are not hard to manage it is their personalities and work ethics that give bosses the trouble. It is so hard to think that some people cnnot open their eyes nd see what needs to be dome without someone telling them and then they are upset because it is so much easier to jst stand back and let someome else do things. Work seems to be out of the younger generations vocabulaary. I am so glad you were taught work ethics. This to will pass and some new crisis will appear nd you will be able to handle it. You must of had a good time on your vacation that funand interesting things you all learned and the knowledge that will be remembered. It is great.

Korbi said...

Piper, come do my laundry....

melanie said...

Piper is one funny little girl. We had those tantrums from Dane watching his blanket go round and round. I hated washing that thing. We're over it for the most part and I'd like to keep it that way!

I really feel like the kids are missing out this summer because I've been such a wimp with taking a nursing baby long distances. Don't tell Korbi that, she'll try and convert me to her traveling ways, ha! We're making up for it next year, we're going all over (I hope anyway).

steve and lisa said...

Thanks for lunch the other day! It was so nice to get out & just chat! I am so thankful for friends & family! Hope you have a wonderful time in Id. (don't work to hard!)& LAX!!!! You are a brave woman! And an amazing mom! Lisa