CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Woodward Camp in California

So we've just spent a few weeks traveling-hence the no posts. Hanna and I just got back from a whirlwind of a gymnastic camp in the amazing Woodward Camp in California. I took 5 gymnasts to the best gym they've ever been in. The learned a ton, opened up their eyes to what is out there, and came back thinking they were pretty cool! They met lots of different people, Olympians that coached them, VIP guests at the camp like the Platt Brothers, and lots of new friends. It was so neat to watch them be excited about gymnastics. The girls did 30+ hours of gym last week and when we drove into Moses Lake at 11:00 at night-they all wanted to go play at our gym! Hanna learned a bunch a new skills and I learned so much more about coaching! They all are planning their return trip next year which will be less expensive because we earned free round trip airline tickets from the first flight by giving up our seats and flying only 20 minutes later!! That has never happened to me before. It almost wasn't great because I about had to use them all because we came very close to missing our return flight. That has also never happened to me before. We were late getting to the airport (me getting lost in L.A., traffic, and security) and the airline let me check in the 5 girls then shut the computer off with me. Talk about a small freak out from me!! I was talking a little louder than normal trying to get someone to help me while in the meantime trying not to panic all the girls!! In the end we made it home all together. We are so busy this week with Brandon in Iowa on business and my trying to put together the new school year. The two little girls are pretty clingy to me after being in Idaho without us. We are all trying to settle back into our hectic routine. We've spent a few days at the Aquatic Center which we love, ignoring the still packed suitcases and mountains of clutter. But the kids fight less at the pool than at home! That's my defense!! I should be back to blogging soon!

3 comments:

steve and lisa said...

You are an amazing woman! I bet the girls will never, ever forget it! Too cute that they wanted to go straight over to the gym after you got in! We need to have lunch again so I can hear all about your trip! WOW - LA traffic - it is a miracle you survived! Lisa

Amy said...

I'm with Lisa. That LA traffic is nuts, and with 5 little girls-whew! Looks like you guys had a blast. I'm in on the lunch (if I'm invited)

Sommers said...

you made it... Congrats on the GREAT camp. It reminds me of our days going to the gym. I miss it. Expecially with the olympic's on.