CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Piper's "owie"

Here lies Piper, on her second trip from the gym to the emergency room! (Remember-broken leg last January). So we are relaxing after my school's parent orientation at the gym and Korbi rounds the corner with some left over cake and proceeds to tell me what a wonderful job I did that night and what a great year we are going to have, yada, yada, yada and cake in the face! Yes, cake in the face, hair, down my clothes, etc. I do fight back and cake is flying everywhere. (Details and an actual video-yes she was prepared-can be seen on Korbi's blog.) Our dear, dear, friend Jade gets Korbi's face in the other leftover cake and then runs full speed out of the room. Now you are wondering what the cake story has to do with the above picture, but I'm just trying to create a mental picture of the scene. So Jade is running into the office to hide like a coward and comes running back down the hall carrying Piper. Well we think she is using Piper as a human shield and as we go after her, she yells, "Kortni I've got blood!" So I chase her to the bathroom and start washing the cake from my hands and then I actually see Piper and the flowing blood from her head and grab her and see that it's one of those times that you just go to the emergency room without stopping. My friend drives us to the emergency room and a nurse pushes us to the front of the huge line when they see how Piper is falling asleep. So we end up fine with just a little glue to put her back together. We still can't believe how great Piper was. She really never cried. She is obviously proving to be our daredevil. I'm just getting scared that her name is going to start getting tagged for CPS. The doctor asked me a hundred times "...And how did this happen?" My only answer was "we were in the middle of a cake fight and no one saw her." How great does this sound? Anyway, Piper did tell us that her owie was a "door owie". So we are thinking she hit her head on the corner of a door. But that was some mean door, because I have never seen such an open wound before! This happened last week and her glue is just starting to peel away. It looks pretty great and you can see from her picture that her bangs hide it well. So fun story for the books......By the way the emergency room thought we were the "best smelling" emergency ever!

3 comments:

Marsha said...

Yes she is your little daredevil! So did you get a picture of her owie?

Korbi said...

sorry bout that AGAIN! :)

twylla said...

What a good little trooper Piper is. She was being such a brave sweetheart. Piper you are a doll