CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Whirlwind Saturday

It's midnight and my day is over. It was our fourth annual fiesta and it was a success again!! meaning-we all survived. You know after an event like this-feeding 100+ people, I think to all those who give of their time to help our school. There were more volunteers than ever and families that are new to our school that donated money during the raffle and auction to buy new toys. We've had a rough couple of years, but I really think we might make it! Like I said we are heading into our fourth year, which means we are almost to five years, which I hear is a mile marker for businesses....I guess I'm just wanting to put a big thank-you to all those supporters and the people who have faith in what we are trying to do.

So...you are all waiting to hear if guacamole was a part of tonight. I'm sure there will be pics. posted somewhere soon, because there were more cameras available this year and Korbi outdid herself. We'll have to see what type of evidence surfaces.....She always makes me smile at the end of the day. I couldn't function without her.

Brandon spent today roping which is something he hasn't been able to do for awhile. I got him a pass to go to a two day roping clinic here in town. He seemed to enjoy himself and is extremely sore-not sure how he's going to get there in the a.m.! I've been helping a group in town with vaulting on horses which is basically gymnastics on horses. It is very interesting and something Hanna now claims she wants to do also. I'm really excited to get Brandon and her doing activities together. When I think of Brandon roping I remember my Papa Doodle who was actually a real life saddle bronc rider! It's his birthday today and it brings tears to my eyes thinking of him since he passed away recently. My sister, Korbi has some nice pics of him on her blog and I think it's pretty neat to see him during his rodeo events. Happy Birthday Papa. We love you!!

Gotta get to bed-tomorrow is the Olympian's Tour in Spokane and a friend actually is taking Alizah now too. Poor Piper is the only one who has to stay home. Hope she has fun with Beck and Paisley tomorrow!

4 comments:

Jana said...

Sounds like a FUN and CRAZY weekend. Enjoy now because one day the house will be very quiet.

twylla said...

You are always so busy. Glad your Fiesta was a success Brandon is probably really enjoying himseslf with roping. Glad the girls are OK and all is well

steve and lisa said...

Kortni
You are an amazing WOMAN!! Missed you today at church. I will call you tomorrow - need to get Jasmine's phone number. Lunch Tues. at Inca's - noon. Sounds like your fund raiser went great - sorry I couldn't be there. Steve's work had a softball game, girls soccer & basketball! Life will never slow down - you are always running! Crazy girl!! Now - go take a NAP!!! Tomorrow is Mon.!!! Lisa

Brit said...

I am kindof bummed I missed the fiesta. I can't believe you have done that for four years!! Wow you are amazing!! I loved the pictures of Piper I think she is looking more and more like Hanna. Love ya tons and hope all is well this week!!!