CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Free Dental!!

Have you EVER heard of free dental!! Well I'm about to tell you a story that I didn't believe until I actually had it happen. The above picture is of Hanna sitting in a dentist chair and getting two cavities filled FOR FREE!! Yes, you are reading right. This happened a few weeks ago. Dr. Harder (my new hero) offered free dental for kids for one day. I called, still not believing what I'd heard from friends and on the radio, and there was literally no strings attatched. He even filled two of her cavities as well as x-rays, and cleaning. We did have to go back to get one more filled today, but no complaining here!! I was so impressed with his generosity. The dental assistant in the picture, was actually from another office in town and heard about what Dr. Harder was doing and wanted to take part in it, so donated her time also. THERE ARE WONDERFUL PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD!! So as I'm loving my new dentist, I'll continue to pay every month probably for forever, for Piper's bill to another dentist. Oh the joys of no dental insurance.
So my friend just got her book downloaded into a format to send away for an actual bound book to keep for posterity-heaven forbid these computers ever stop working-so now I've got a renewed interest in blogging! I too hope to be able to create a real-live journal. Although, I asked her to help me, and she looked right at me and said, "Ya and YOU will need help." I love that my friends know me so well. I spent a great lunch with friends today and look forward to more as my kids are getting easier to leave places and actually enjoy the time with their friends. OH BIG NEWS!! Piper wears CHONIES now!! Yes, just out of the blue wanted underwear and actually goes in the potty. She still has trouble at the gym and at friends, but at home has no problems. It's funny how different each kid is. I had tried everything from books, dolls, and bribes and she wanted to do it when SHE decieded. Whatever it takes....

5 comments:

Korbi said...

yeah quit bragging... :)

Jenn O said...

That's awesome! I'm so glad something like that can happen when it's really needed. :)

I know some bloggers who have made books out of their blog--it's so cool! You'll have fun with that. Besides, you've got one book under your belt, right?

Yay Piper!!! That's the best feeling!

melanie said...

I didn't really mean the 'you're going to need help' part. It totally came out wrong. :)

Congrats Piper!

So awesome about the dental. If Dr. Harder will take Kat's insurance we are switching in 6 months!

Jana said...

I had no idea what Chonies were - I had to look it up. Is that a word you use often? I hate dental work - hopefully your kids' teeth are straight and don't need braces. That really screwed Katelin up when she lost a permanent tooth and had to have an implant (besides the cost and time!)

twylla said...

Hey what a great opportunity and so good for the children to keep their teeth in good shape. Teeeth can cuse so much trouble. I am proud of Hana that she was such a great kid. I am especially excited about piper finally. I know that Aliza is still my good little lady. Hope things are good for you ad your.