CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Hanna the Girl Scout


Hanna was a Brownie Girl Scout this year. Yes, another activity. Well to my defense-the meetings were held in our gym and it was during while I was at work, so Hanna wanted to do it and I thought it was better than watching TV!! She enjoyed the activities and earned 15 patches for her vest this year. She did community service wrapping Christmas presents and caroling, star and planet watching, planting flowers, learning to play racquetball, ice skating and many more. I have never been involved in girl scouts before and think the program is great. I don't think we are going to be involved next year just do to the meetings being held elsewhere, and it would involve more effort on my part! But , I do truely think she learned a lot and enjoyed herself and we love those cookies!!

3 comments:

twylla said...

Dear Hanna What a great thing to do. especially the community service projects. Do you know your grandma Dawn was a Girl Scout for five or six years. She earned mnny beads for her dress. At that time they had to make a dress and sew the beads on the dress. I believe she was in the seventh or eigth grade shwn she finished that project. Good job and I am very pleased with you love mimi

Brit said...

tell Hanna cute leggings from Aunt Kiki

Marsha said...

Hanna, service for others is a wonder full blessing. For you and for them. It's usually always fun and it makes you feel good inside. Good for you, I'm proud of you.