CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Lyme Disease Scare!!

So last week, Hanna's legs and arms looked like the above picture!! NO, this is NOT Hanna's arm, but I forgot to take pictures of her. I guess we always tend to take pictures of the good, not the bad don't we??? Anyway, so last Sunday I was looking at insect bite pictures trying to see what spider had bitten Hanna (six times, I thought) and I came across these pictures and that sent me quickly to the clinic. After three hours of doctors and nurses looking at her, they concluded with the same diagnosis and preceeded to give her a blood test and treat her with anitbiotics. The doctor actually called our house Friday night to tell us that her test was not back yet and then a nurse called on Saturday evening and told us it was negative. Whew!! Actually lyme disease is not that bad if you get it treated early, so not so terrible, but it did have us worried! Well, this morning I was looking on the internet again and it said that if diagnosed within the first month it is not uncommon for you to get a false negative. I suppose I'll call the doctor Mon a.m. to make sure! We do have ticks around our house, so I guess I'll be watching a little closer from now on with all the kids...

Next week we are starting swim lessons with the kids. I'm having an old gym coach who now works at the pool teach the girls at a neighbor's pool. The Aquatic Center is so big now that Hanna goes her own way and I figure it's about time she learned how to swim. We have gym class Mondays-Wednesdays in the summer so our Thursdays and Fridays are full of Aquatic Center time. There is also Spanish Camp at the gym, so when I'm working, the two younger girls will be learning spanish. We are also in a heat wave at our house. Our air conditioning broke and we are DYING!! We just don't even attempt to go upstairs which is already reading on the thermostat over 100 degrees. Hanna's little neighbor friend came over today and she opened the door and said so pathetically, "Don't come in here, we don't have AC!" It was so funny, we're all a little spoiled. I'm just not sure what we'll do when it's 110 degrees outside! AHHH!!

Alizah was so excited to take her friend from gymnastics- Halie to church today. She was beaming the whole time and never left her side. Alizah spends a lot of time with Halie and sometimes let's just say, they have "differing" opinions. It was nice to have them play so nicely together and run through the sprinklers and play dress-up. Of course the dress-up that they played was "gymnastics" dress-up. I have all of Alizah's clothes all over the house because they changed so many times! It's crazy that Alizah is getting so old that she's having her own friends over now, it's usually Hanna's friends, stuff, games, etc. that she has to play.

Oh, we do have Hanna's science camp pictures and stories that we'll post as soon as dad downloads them from his phone. My camera broke! so, Sad!!
We'll see what surprises next week brings and we hope it's not any more scary bug bites!!

5 comments:

Marsha said...

I'm so glad that Hanna does not have Lyme disease! I think it's good you are double checking with the Dr. again. Is it cooling down at all at night? I'm sorry about your air. Your house is always cold in the summer. The high was 99* today and only 80* at 10:00, warm for Burley. Good to hear from you.

melanie said...

I'm so glad that isn't Hanna's leg. That is sick!! Thank goodness it wasn't Lyme disease. You're a good doctor with Google, ha!

I hope the pool is bringing some relief. Don't forget the sunblock!

twylla said...

poor Hanna the pictures look terrible I do hope hers is not that bad. Do they itch I surelly hope not or it would drive her crazy. Hanna you are such a brave little lady I do hope you are better soon Hve fun Aliza and piper. You are growing to be such big little ladies Hope you have a good day Love Mimi

Korbi said...

finally. a new post! good luck to Alizah tomorrow with the Dr appt, hope she doesn't freak out on you.

Megan said...

I agree - that picture is nasty! I couldn't figure out what body part it was until you said it WASN'T Hanna's arm!

I feel your pain and heat. Our AC is out too. But I think Moses Lake is just a tad hotter than Burley - so good luck.