CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 28, 2008

Again, no new pictures. We are home from State Gymnastics-a VERY long work weekend for me. We all crashed last night and have had a very lazy morning trying to get moving. Hanna went to school kicking and screaming this morning! We hope for her teacher's sake she calms down. She is soo tired. Well, I don't even have any pictures of Hanna at her first State meet. That's the breaks being a coach and not a parent. We'll have to see if anyone took pity on me and took some of her. She did great! She did the one trick that she has been struggling with all season, so that's all that mattered to us! The whole team did great. We only took home two medals, but it's really hard to explain to the girls that they are competing with girls who train twice as much as we do and sometimes even more. We train 6 hours a week and I heard that most gyms over in Seattle area are on average 14-20 hours a week!! WOW, what dedication and it sure does show!! We are uping our hours starting this summer to 8 hours a week! We'll see how it goes....Piper and Alizah were sure glad to see us. Brandon did fairly well without us, although the TV room showed the damage! He was mad I didn't give him a warning call befire we got home so he could clean it up!! Alizah had a funny story for us when she got home. There was a community demonstration for our Spanish singers, gymnasts, and our dance group that is at our building. Well, Brandon took Alizah to sing and do her Hot Shots (gym), but she is not involved in the dance this year because she absolutely refused to perform last year, so I wouldn't let her do it this year and she's never said a word about it all year UNTIL Saturday. Korbi was helping them and Alizah asked, "Where is my pink dance costume?" Korbi started to panic thinking that I had not given her all the costumes. Everyone assured her that Alizah was not in dance this year. Well Alizah was insisting that she was in Rosalie's "pink" dance and she wanted to dance. She kept saying, "Just let me dance!". She was heartbroken when she did not get to go on stage with the dancers. I'm almost wishing they would have let her dance just to see what she would have done!! That's Alizah for us! I'm so glad I'm home. I missed them for three whole days!!

0 comments: