CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 3, 2008

So I said yesterday I would add more birthday photos, but this little incident this morning takes precedent! This picture shows my two beautiful, sweet wonderful girls in a battle of the will. They both have to take anitbiotics. So Piper got held down and gargled hers, and Alizah said she would take her own to my bribe of a visit to the fire truck (which is her newest thing), a present at Hanna's birthday and a swig of Mountain Dew at 8:30 this morning. Well, we tried to presuade for 1/2 hour. She ran and hid under the bed and claimed I couldn't get her under there because I was too big to fit, and she cried and pleaded not to take it. So I tried my best to hold her down. Well, I don't know what I'm doing at the gym every morning at 6:00 a.m., but it is not making me strong enough to hold down a four year old! She kicked and pulled my hair and put Britni (my sister's fights when we were little) to shame!! The medicine was in a syringe and got shot clear across the room, up the wall, in dad's shoes, and in the key rack, plus all over Alizah and in her hair. It took me 10 minutes to clean it up and another 1/2 hour to bathe and wash kids. She continued to gag herself until she threw up the tiny taste she got of it from her lips touching the syringe. Now do I let her go see the fire truck????? This is all we've talked about for a month. This to me is a lesson in what to bribe kids with because a strong willed child such as Alizah will not do anything she doesn't want to do and no matter what I bribe will not help. SO off we go to see the fire truck......

3 comments:

Korbi said...

she looks like Gollum off of the Lord of the Rings..... oh, those poor things.... You are an evil mother. :)

Anonymous said...

WOW!
Wow to what a face, what sick children you have, you are all still alive, and finally...YOU CAVED! MT. DEW AND THE FIRE TRUCK for just a bit on the lips which in all fairness didn't even make it down!!!!!
Good-Luck.....GOOD-LUCK!

Jade said...

That picture is too funny! Your girls have such great personalities! I love them! This reminds me of the fight that Halie always puts up when she has to take medicine. And yes, she gets it everywhere too! Good luck getting the rest down! :)