CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 19, 2008

I have no new pictures today, but Korbi informed me that I wasn't doing too good on my blog this week and that I can post without pictures. So what to write about? No one is sick. This is the major news of today! We are enjoying a quiet day at home and hopefully when dad gets home from work we can in the yard. The grass is green and our yard needs some major "dog repair". Our two dogs Jelly and Izzy dig the biggest holes, chew up the most things, and run some major pathways through our yard. So we need to cover some mounds, fill some holes, and pick up all our neighbor's shoes that have ended up in our yard! This will be our only weekend home for another few weeks. Next week we go to STATE GYMNASTICS!! I am waiting for Hanna's friend to email me some pictures, then I will post them of Hanna scoring high enough to go to state! She slid by, but definitely earned it after raising her scores this year over four points!! We are so proud of her. We will watch her compete next weekend. This weekend she has to give a talk in church that will probably embarrass me. We had a family home evening lesson on honesty and she decided to give her talk on an experience that happened last weekend at a gymnastic meet. I had promised her to go swimming in the motel the night before the meet. Well we arrived too late and the pool had closed to anyone 18 and under. Well my friend and I were talking about just sneaking the kids in and getting out when we were caught. Well Hanna would have no part in this lying and not being honest. She stood up for what she was taught (thank heavens she listens to me most of the time!) and wouldn't go in the pool and agreed to not be mad at me for getting to the motel too late. So I rented her a movie on the TV to try and make up for it. Well, she's such a sweetheart, it wasn't until halfway through the movie that she slipped and made a comment about the ending of the movie. She had already seen it at a friend's house! The little stinker was just trying to make me feel better by letting me rent her a movie she had already seen! So she's going to give her talk in church about how her mother tried to sneak her into a closed pool and she stood up for what she believed in! Way to go Hanna! I'm so proud of you....Ha, Ha. OH I also have to post something for those of you who are reading and not writing any comments....because I didn't know you knew what was going on in our lives...This is for Jana and Terry. Hanna was so excited when she opened an envelope that had $10 in it to go towards science camp and that Uncle Terry was a scientist too! That was extremely nice of you and we appreciate your caring!! THANK-YOU!! We are waiting for pictures from Wal-mart and will send you a picture showing her practicing being a scientist. The other day "cients center" (science center) had it's grand opening in our playroom. Anyone that was interested could sign up for classes that were posted on the door. They were all taught by Hanna and her friend Ella for 50 cents/week, 100$ for 2 months, 108$ for 9 months and 102$ for 3 months. I signed up Alizah and Piper for the 9 months session. It will be my cheapest day care yet!! So the playroom was filled with growing worms, "snow", changing colored crystals, and Alizah's favorite a growing alligator. I didn't know that I had been employed as janitor for the "cients center", but for the sake of science I completed my tasks. We just found out today that Grandma Dawn is flying into Seattle to watch Hanna at State and then come see Kiki's baby, so I'm hoping (I hope your reading this mom..) that Grandma will take Hanna to the Pacific Science Center in Seattle while I have to coach most of Saturday at other sessions of age groups. Did I mention that I had 11 gymnasts go to State??? Yeah, I feel pretty good. We are getting better....Good Luck to us next weekend!!

3 comments:

Korbi said...

Uncle Bubba signed up for the classes too didn't he?

Brit said...

how fun is that Can I come to science camp??? Congrats to Hanna for making state and good luck to you !!! WE love you all!! oh Kortni tell Piper we tried to call to wish her a happy birthday but sonmebody had their phone turned off!!! Love you Piper!!!

Megan said...

I'm pretty sure that I downloaded that picture of Piper to Brandon's flash drive. But I'll email you a copy just to be sure.