CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Olympic Superstar Tour

Our Future Superstars!! The girls were so excited to see the gymnasts. Our two little ones, Laney and Alizah even wore their leos and everyone got a kick out of them!
WOW!! Nastia Liuken and Hanna!! We were talking about Alizah's birthday and having a princess come and Hanna pipes up and says I want Nastia and Shawn to come to my b-day. I hate to break the news to her that this is the closest she'll ever get even though it was only for a few seconds. I couldn't believe how fast the security rushed you through. The girls wouldn't even talk to the Olympians and they were just really busy signing things.
Shawn Johnson and Hanna and Victoria-a teammate.

So this was a once in a lifetime opportunity for our girls. We had great seats and when the gymnasts ran by to change events or move formations, they would run along the side and give out High Fives...Hanna got to give Nastia a high five! I had two backstage passes for the autograph session so Hanna and Victoria got to be with only about 30 other people that got to go meet the gymnasts, but I had been e-mailing one of the head ticket guys and he actually let me slip in with them, so I got to take pictures and got a shirt signed along with a few posters for the gym. Hanna had her leo signed along with the other Olympians from Woodward Camp this summer. Hanna was actually pretty sick with a high fever and wasn't too energetic the whole night. I felt so bad that she wasn't enjoying it as much as she could have. She was a trooper and I guess she'll remember it in the end. Alizah had so much fun. She kept asking if they were real and all she wanted to do was touch them. I was so grateful to be able to take them. When I was in high school, I took my sister Jake to one of these and still remember meeting my idols and getting their autographs. I'm thankful to be able to give my kids these memories.

4 comments:

twylla said...

Geee you kids look so cute. I am glad that you get to have such good opportunities.

Jana said...

I guess that would be like Jennica meeting Jose Canseco when she was young. You'll have lots of memories when you are old like me!

Marsha said...

The pictures will make some fun scrapbook pages. Sorry you were sick Hanna

melanie said...

Fun day for the girls. And for you too, huh?