CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Pumpkin Patch Field Trip

Alizah loved the leaves and loved to be chased around the "forest" of trees.
ALizah loved the GREEN pumpkins-they were actually easier to carve!


Ok, all my fonts/color is messed up and I couldn't figure it out in the above lines....
So we went to every one of my school's pumpkin patch field trips (six times in all). We were the drivers for the hay ride down to my neighbor's patch, so my kids definately got their fill of field trips this week. We also only lost two pair of gloves through the whole week! Hanna got to skip school and come to one of the trips. She's having a hard time with the amount of second grade work so it was kindof nice to give her a little break and let her do another type of learning! The school kids rode the hay ride, did the pumpkin thing, played in the leaves, gathered pinecones, then played in the backyard. My favorite time was when one of the classes, Alizah included, played pirate ship in our backyard swingset/fort. They were "heaving" up the anchor (a wrapped up volleyball net) and yelling at each other pirate style. It was so fun to see their imagination. You just don't see very much of that anymore with all the academic push so young. I won't get on my soap box today, but it's just fun to see their minds at work without a pencil in their hand...We had a busy week. We'll post pictures of the pumpkins we carved and the Halloween carnival that was today-as soon as Korbi emails them to me:)

I also have a story that I wanted to post, but I don't know if it is very appropriate, but I figure this is like our family's history-so I'll just say this much. My seven year old and I just had the "talk" today. I figured she was WAY TOO YOUNG!! But a neigbor girl has been telling her things and she was asking way too many questions, so I figured I better be the one to be giving the answers instead of an 8 year old. So I just wondered where my little baby has gone??? She has grown up and I'm just counting my blessings she came to me and I pray we keep this relationship for at least a few more years!!!!!

6 comments:

Korbi said...

check hanna's e-mail and yours too. what the heck is a "oap box" that you are getting on? should i be on one of these? :)

Korbi said...

i meant to type Soap" it's hard to type one handed...

melanie said...

Dane talked about the field trip for days. He loves preschool.

The talk?!! I'm so impressed and seriously frightened at the same time. I've heard it all comes up around the age of 8 so I'm gearing up for it. Dang neighbor kids, that's who got to me first too. :)

Marsha said...

Kortni, check on my blog and read Erins' blog about her six year old. She checked out a book "Doll Baby" from the schools library. They were forced to have the "talk". It's about a 15 yr. old having a baby. Too soon..but what are you going to do.

twylla said...

What a fun time for the children. We do not give them enough cedit to be ableto use their own brains in the life learning. We just think we have to push and push and push. They are so creatie when they have the opportunity. The pictures are great. Have fun girls. Mom is doing a great job.

Sommers said...

I remember the talk you had with her on the subject "Gay poeple"!!F Time Flies