CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

20th Anniversary of the Nutcracker



I'll start posting pictures of our vacation starting with the 20th Anniversary of the Nutcracker, which was the whole reason we went to Idaho. When I was younger, my ballet studio started a production of the Nutcracker. I was the first Clara and was recognized along with 20 other Clara's! I felt OLD!! It was so fun to show my girls what they've been looking at in scrapbooks for years. Hanna would remember pictures of costumes and would comment on the dances. After 20 years, I remembered the steps that the ballerinas were still doing! I enjoyed going to the ballet and also giving the girls-and Brandon- a little culture. Hanna and I even went and had our hair done along with dressing up the girls in their beautiful Christmas dresses. It was a fun weekend with lots of visiting with old friends and memories....

3 comments:

twylla said...

You may think you weere old but you are not. I woud bet that you could have done each and every dance still. I remember taking you to Twin to be in the Nutcracker before we had one here. Lon practices but we were so pleased you were selected to be in the show so it was worth it. You looked great and the girls looked like little ladies. They are so sweet

Anonymous said...

beautiful-all of you!

Jana said...

Wow! What fancy dresses - well maybe not Brandon's. Glad you got the Maggie pages - didn't want the other girls to feel left out. Tell Alizah we would love to see her but she needs to come visit us. Seems like we can never get it together enough to come when you guys are in Burley.