CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 8, 2008

Mother of the Year goes to.....Kortni!!!

The blood from her head is settling beneath her eye....she's got a "take your breath" away shiner. I wish I could get a picture of everyone's reaction when they see her!!
Beck and Piper getting the joys of someone else's pain!
(Alizah was bribed at the doc with toys, ice cream....everything!!
Alizah's choice of color is the pretty blue. She was pretty nervous to get the cast, but overall did awesome considering what she has been through today.

A smile at this point from Alizah, but she didn't know what was in store for her after this!!!
(more x-rays and a CT scan and lots of waiting in the doc office)


So here goes the story.....the incident of sliding down the banister happened Sat night and the pit in my stomach settled deeper and deeper as I watched her eye get worse and worse. I haven't slept for two nights watching her and making sure she was breathing! Monday morning I called the nurse and she said to bring her in. The doctor wanted x-rays and noticed her swollen wrist. Alizah had said her arm hurt, but she didn't even complain anymore than she usually does with a scratch that doesn't even need a band-aid!! So the x-rays came back saying she needed a cast for her wrist and a CT for her head. The CT confirmed a skull fracture-YES-skull fracture. So my poor baby was made to sit at home with a broken arm and a head for two days before I even took her in. The doctors in Wenanchee are still looking over the CT, but don't think she needs antiboiotcs at this time for infection that could leak from her skull to her brain. Yes, this is the part were I started crying and wanting to throw up. We are good for now, and the hard part of her not being able to run, jump, or go upside down for a month starts today! So no gym for Alizah which is going to break her heart. I need to tell everyone that watches her- the news that I heard ,as to scare them senseless too, "A bump to a head in this condition, is life-threatening." So Brandon wants to know where the helmet is!! I'm tending to agree, the stress will probably wear off soon, as the eye fades, but for now she's banned to the couch.
So any new movies-send them our way!!

7 comments:

steve and lisa said...

WOW! Don't feel bad! We ALL do the same thing! Jacy was sick for about six months with a bladder infection & I felt horrible when she FINALLY got it checked out and it was a whopper of an infection! She never complained - once of pain while peeing! Anyway, went and got her a new NICE cell phone to replace her old one & BUY her love !
So glad your daughter is Okay. Very scary stuff! Hope you get some sleep tonight! You are Mother-of-the-year because you are awesome, caring, loving, kind, patient! etc., etc. Lisa

Anonymous said...

Which one has she been keeping her eye on!?

Marsha said...

What a little trooper she has been through all of this. She was so sweet on the phone last night. You'd think she's have a throbbing headache! Don't beat yourself up Kortni...just part of being a mom. We are just counting our blessings, it could have been much worse.

Carolyn said...

I was feeling like life was a little unfair. I fell off stair railing my senior year and I broke 4 ribs because of it. When I thought that all Alizah got was a black eye, life wasn't fair. However, now I am sad for ever thinking that because of what did happen to her! Me and her need to go into business giving speeches about the dangers of stairs!

Jana said...

Double WOW! I can't remember which one fell off something at the gym. Actually there is a little surprise that is already in the mail for the girls - just a little silly something. I know how scary those moments can be even when they are older. When the Optometrist told me that we had to get the infection in Katelin's eye stopped or she would have to have a cornea transplant - I lost it - and that was when she was in 10th grade. So I hate to tell you but the fun has just started. You were smart enough to know that something was wrong and you should ALWAYS trust your instinct because a mother just knows!

Jenn O said...

Oh my word!! That poor little bub. Hanna emailed Ella that "Lizah broke her head" so I had to come look. :( I'll talk to you soon.

twylla said...

Oh poor little Aliza. You are such a big brave little lady. MiMi is so proud of you but I am o sorry you got hurt. I guess accidents are just part of being a child. They come in different sizes andshapes. Keep up that sweet smile Aliza we all love you so much