CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 26, 2008

Great Grandpa Beck



Our next stop on our Burley trip was to Great Grandpa Beck's house. He is nearing 100 years old and doing better than ever!! He had just gotten surgery on one of his eyes to remove a cataract and is doing the other eye soon. Hence, he could see the girls and seemed excited to talk with them. Alizah was a little apprehensive as she is with most older people. But she stood in for a picture which I'm happy about. Piper on the other hand was more willing to talk with him and sit next to him. I couldn't believe how good he looked. He said the doctor did a great job and the nurses were "real pretty"! I was able to help him with his lunch a few times and want to give a big thank-you to my family down in Burley for taking care of him more than I will ever be able to. It is hard to leave everytime we come to Burley knowing what type of responsibilities are left behind. I am never able to do as much as I want to. My dad stays with Grandpa Beck most nights and the others are spent with Uncle Leonard. I think of the love that is expressed every day in the acts of service that are happening every day. I wish I was able to do more and want to start sending more letters to him in the mail and make more of an effort to help my relatives that are far away a bigger part of our life. I wish grandpa could use the internet and see our blog!!!

2 comments:

Jana said...

Got your card yesterday - how cute! Terry was impressed with the graphics and photos. He wants to know how you did it. Hope you guys had a Merry Christmas. I will post later but I didn't take many pictures so I have to find Terry's.

melanie said...

I want to see your card. They're always cute.

My kids love their Grandma Great (my grandma). Cute photos, I can just see Piper being the not so shy one. I love her!