CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Ahhhh! Open Wide


So, Piper is following in her sisters Alizah's footsteps. She has terrible teeth and refusing to brush. Well not anymore....she experienced the dentist and now has no problem brushing her teeth due to her not wanting to go back to the dentist. I noticed a few weeks ago some bad spots on her teeth. So off to the dentist we go. She wouldn't open up the first time, second "happy" visit was good so we atempted to drug and drug some more to get four cavities filled. I really didn't want to take her out of town due to our experience with Alizah, so I pushed to do it here in Moses. The cost was half and we can make payments, so wanted to try at least. The first "cocktail" didn't work, so we gave her another dose and she was pretty loopy with the gas too. The first cavity went well with her hardely flinching, but by the last three-she'd had enough. Dr. Jorgenson worked pretty hard for his money and I was so impressed. He kept working with her kicks, bites, and quick turns of her head. I had to hold her arms down and by the time the hour was over, was so tense that my head hurt for a few hours after. Piper was so drugged after cuz the two doses had completely kicked in that she was kneeling at the treasure box and head dived into it before the hygienist and I could catch her!! I felt really bad laughing, but everyone had to smile as she lumbered out of the office. She has recovered and hopefully won't remember the torture that she was put through. Brandon's turn is next. I'm afraid I'm going to have to dose him up with cocktails to get him to go. He's more afraid than the girls!!

3 comments:

twylla said...

@q.comGood girl Piper. I am so pleased you got your visit with the dentist. I know it is hard but you are a very brave little lady and brushing the treeth is so important. Extra good apple for Piper to help clean the teeth.

Anonymous said...

Chad recently went to the dentist also. Why don't grown ups get the treasure box!?

Jana said...

So maybe my girls got their bad teeth from the Hunt side of the family. Katelin had "bottle mouth" when she was 3 and had 10 cavities filled. They knocked her out to fill them all. Tery goes tomorrow to have his teeth cleaned. Hope he is a big boy.
If your girls want to come cook for me - I'd love it. I'm not much of a cook